Sat, Oct 20|
Morning of Service | Miami Waterkeeper
Simpson Park Clean Up! Come and join us for a Morning of Service!
Time & Location
Oct 20, 2018, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Simpson Park , 55 SW 17th Rd, Miami, FL 33129, USA
About The Event
Here are a few notes regarding the typical workday:
The Virginia Key Beach North Point Park and the other City of Miami Natural areas are excellent sites that can accommodate a large group of volunteers and they are also natural sites that needs a lot of work. The main activity involves the removal of invasive exotic species and debris. The site is made up of natural South Florida natural ecosystems, mostly a coastal hammock and a beautiful beach. However, it is important to take into consideration that the work will take place outdoors in a natural setting, we always recommend participants to stay well hydrated, wear long sleeves and pants and close toe shoes are a must. Chances are you will be getting dirty! This work is most easily accommodated during the work week but also scheduled during the weekends.
Sample Event Timeline:
8:30a.m. - 9:00a.m. Registration and check in
9:15a.m. - 9:30a.m. Introduction, and group assignment briefing
9:30a.m. – 11:30a.m. – complete tasks
Example: Exotic removal -Debris removal, Butterfly garden maintenance, nursery work, nature trail upkeep and maintenance.
11:30 a.m. - 12:00 noon wrap up, pick up tools – Goodbyes
What to Bring:
Important Volunteer Information:
* Please be on time, registration begins 15 minutes before workday starts, during orientation clear instructions will be provided, please pay attention.
* Refillable water bottle. Stay hydrated and be prepared to work outside!
* Closed-toe shoes are required and long-sleeved shirts are and long pants are recommended.
* A hat, sun block and insect repellent (recommended)
* Comfortable gloves
* Children under 17 years of age must be accompanied by an adult
FPA of Miami Member
FPA of Miami - Non-Member